Chief Cornplanter Council
|In 1910, members of the community of Warren, first explored Scouting activities. In 1913, the Boy Scouts of America gave a charter to an organization known as the Warren County Council. Then in 1954 the council’s official name was changed to Chief Cornplanter Council to honor a famous Seneca-Iroquois Indian. In 2013, we are celebrating our 100th Anniversary as the longest-tenured, non-merged Boy Scout Council in America.|
America’s Oldest Council
Highest Journey to Excellence Council in America in 2011.
Celebrating 100 years of service to the youth of Warren County, and Ludlow – Mckean County
CHIEF CORNPLANTER COUNCIL’S “GOOD TURN”
“PENNSYLVANIA’S MONUMENT TO CHIEF CORNPLANTER, CORNPLANTER GRANT – WARREN COUNTY”
Resulting from many years of hard work on the part of several council presidents, Representative Jim Lynch, and Robert Dilks (Council Member at Large), the Chief Cornplanter Council’s dream of replacing the weathered century-old Chief Cornplanter monument became a reality in 1998. Culminating with a formal ceremony in October at the Riverview-Corydon Cemetery, a new replica monument made of granite was dedicated. The ceremony was attended by Scouts and Scouters, council officers, Pennsylvania Legislators, and Descendants of Chief Cornplanter.
The efforts of everyone involved will be forever remembered as the fourth panel of the monument, blank on the original, has been inscribed:
Replica Set 1998